avoidthehack! promotes internet privacy and cybersecurity for all users.
avoidthehack promotes privacy and cybersecurity principles
avoidthehack doesn't collect/share/store personal information.
- Know what data is being collected and/or shared about them or their devices
- Protect their information from being accessed and used by anyone else (to include private and public persons/enterprises alike).
Avoidthehack! (ATH) believes that maintaining privacy and security for all users (not just the "nerds," "geeks," or "IT people,") is important.
This is why we share articles, guides, and round up key best practices in a way that everyone can understand. Everyone should have the chance to make informed decisions about how they share/protect their information on the internet.
Avoidthehack! understands (and strongly believes) that privacy is a fundamental human right. We believe it should be respected both online and in the "real world."
Because of this belief, we aim to have an impact on the current internet privacy crisis by enabling the "regular" user to preserve and retain their online privacy by highlighting actionable privacy and security practices.
How is avoidthehack! supported?
If you feel strongly about avoidthehack's mission and want to support what we do here, then there are multiple ways to support us!
- Purchase a service/product from our affiliated partners at no additional cost to you. We are completely transparent with what products/services are from our affiliates on the site. If the button is orange, then it's an affiliate link - but we're still sure to label affiliate partners accordingly. Learn more
- Share the content you enjoy here with friends and family - privacy and security is for everyone!
- Get in contact with your suggestions/criticisms about the content found on the site via comments, social media, or our email inbox.
avoidthehack ultimately made the decision not to display ads. We've yet to find a solution that fully and truly takes our users' privacy into account; as it stands now, we doubt we will ever find an ad solution that fits the bill. Hopefully the changing Internet privacy landscape brings a positive change on this front!
Some of the stock photos found in various posts on avoidthehack: Deposit Photos
We don't promote/publish/review stuff for pay.
Despite using affiliates, where avoidthehack! might get a kickback if you choose to pay for a service/product from our affiliated partners, we're not paid to publish the content you find on our site.
Our reviews/published content are the result of our own research and/or experiences. We don't accept payment for promoting or reviewing products/services.
If there are any questions, our inbox is open.
Stay safe out there!